Submission to Hume/Moreland Bus Review
For those following the DOI bus reviews, listed below are the main points of a submission made for Hume/Moreland.
* Better east-west travel across the north by starting existing routes 513 and/or 527 at Pascoe Vale instead of Glenroy and Gowrie.
* New local routes from Broadmeadows/Glenroy to Coburg that are better connected with local trains and direct Broadmeadows services from Hadfield and Coburg.
* A revamped network for Melbourne Airport: Route 500 Trainlink to Broadmeadows (meeting every off-peak train & every 20 min peak), Route 501 to Watergardens via Airport West (meeting every second train off-peak), Route 502 to Sunbury (meeting every regional train).
* A new east-west service between Pascoe Vale and Airport West via the Essendon Airport DFO, Niddrie and part of the existing route 501.
* A local town link in central Broadmeadows to improve connections with the railway station making use of existing services.
* Extended hours and increased frequency on popular or strategically important routes (eg 532, 544 and 560).
* A rationalisation of bus service frequencies (eg from 25, 35 and 50 minutes to 20 and 40 minutes) to provide harmonised connections with trains and other buses.
* Improved services to Fawkner including better connections with the Upfield line and consideration of a short busway across the Merri Creek to Reservoir.
* A deviation of route 540 to serve parts of Dallas remote from existing services.
* An upgraded and renumbered 571A from Greenvale to Epping.
* Removing deviations and renumbering of some existing routes.
* Non-bus capital works such as a railway station at Campbellfield and easier pedestrian access to bus stops on bus roads.